2019 State of Active Archive: Mastering Today’s Data Growth Challenges
The 2019 State of Active Archive report highlights the data growth challenge facing the digital archive market and the expanding role of active archives in the data management lifecycle.
The emergence of big data analytics from machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) tools that allow organizations to tap the value of massive volumes of archival data is putting pressure on data storage infrastructures.
According to the report, “Archival data is piling up faster than ever as organizations are quickly learning the value of analyzing vast amounts of previously untapped digital data. The need to securely store, search for, retrieve and analyze massive volumes of archival content is fueling new and more effective advancements in archive solutions.”
Top external factors driving archival and long-term retention requirements include:
· Government compliance regulations;
· Growing dependency on security and surveillance systems;
· Advanced 3D and 4D video capabilities and rich content produced in the media and entertainment (M&E) sector;
· Scientific research and data capture/analysis; and
· The growth of big data analytics and rapid emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) and new use cases such as ML and AI.
Read the full report and learn how an active archive can help effectively manage data throughout its lifecycle here.