Please read this Privacy Notice carefully before using this Site.
Information We Collect. Information that we collect, use, store or disclose falls into two broad categories: (1) information you voluntarily provide to us while on our Site and (2) information that is automatically collected through the Site.
Information you voluntarily provide to us. While the Alliance does not require that you provide personal information to browse the Site, certain webpages of the Site may only be accessible by registering for an account or membership with the Alliance and/or by providing your personal information to us. For example:
When you apply for membership with the Alliance, sign up for a mailing list, or correspond with us via the Contact Us page of the Site, you will be required to provide certain personal information, including your first and last name, company name, address, email address, telephone number, preferences and interests, and other information regarding your line of business. If you communicate with us via email, we will also retain your email messages and email address. The Alliance may use such information to communicate with you in response to your requests.
We may use your personal information to contact you (including by mail, email or telephone) regarding upcoming events, newsletters, promotions or sweepstakes, blog posts, announcements regarding membership or membership benefits provided by the Alliance, market research communication (including member or end user customer surveys) or that is otherwise intended to promote the Alliance or its members. If at any time you would like to stop receiving such information from the Alliance, please notify us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may also use personal information held about you as follows:
- To improve Site performance and/or otherwise ensure that content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To help us understand your needs and interest in the Alliance;
- To provide administrative and/or technical support related to your use of the Site or your membership with the Alliance;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, if any, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you regarding changes to this Privacy Notice or the Site;
- For our risk management purposes;
- To manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger;
- To protect us, you and others from actual or suspected fraud or other illegal activities and to safeguard the best interests of the Alliance; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
Information you voluntarily provide to us through the Site may be combined with information you provide to us through other sources.
Mobile Device Identifiers
You may be visiting the Site from your mobile device. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such information if you access the Site through a mobile device. Some features of the Site may allow for the collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Furthermore, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we or our third-party service providers may receive this information.
Public Content Posted through the Site. Notwithstanding any other statement in this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any personal information that you choose to disclose and make publicly accessible on social media websites (including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) accessed through the Site and that under no circumstances will the Alliance be liable in any way for the disclosure and public accessibility of such personal information. You acknowledge that any personal information (or any other content), including any reviews or comments posted to publicly accessible areas may remain publicly accessible indefinitely.
Data Security. To protect your personal information against unauthorized acquisition, access, use and disclosure and to maintain data accuracy, we utilize reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to safeguard and secure personal information collected through the Site. However, because the transmission of information via the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. We therefore disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communication by using this Site. If you create an account with us containing your personal information protected by a password, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We strongly recommend that you do not give your password to anyone. We also recommend that you change or re-arrange your password every three months. If you are using a public computer (for example, at a library), or if it is a shared computer, we urge you to log out of your account and our Site altogether, and quit the browser application before you leave the computer. This may help to prevent others from accessing your account information.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers located in the United States.
European Data Privacy. This section applies solely to European residents. If you or the principal business location from which you communicate with the Alliance is located in the European Union, then any “personal data,” as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), that you provide to the Alliance shall be transferred to and processed by us outside of the European Union and you hereby: (i) grant the Alliance the right to process and store any personal data that you provide to us on or through the Site and (ii) represent to the Alliance that you will have obtained the consent to such transfer, processing, and storage from all individuals whose personal data is transmitted by you to the Site.
We will endeavor to respond to access requests for information about personal data and, where applicable will correct, amend, or delete European residents’ personal data in accordance with the following:
- Access to personal data: Requests for European residents’ access to personal data should be submitted via the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service used or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with requests for access to your personal data, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal data we maintain within 30 days of your access request. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will inform you when we will be able to provide access. In the event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so. We will ask for proof of your identity in order to confirm your identity and that you are seeking access to personal data belonging to you, and also sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Correction to and deletion of personal data: The GDPR also provides European residents with the right to correct or amend personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating, and also the right to request deletion of your personal data. Due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors, this is not always possible. Remember that account information may be corrected, deleted, or updated by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service. For inquiries of this nature, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Choices: Some personal data is necessary in order to provide certain services. However, you may choose to limit the Alliance’s use of your personal data by adjusting your browser settings, opting out, or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding your choices. Since personal data may be needed to process an order, if you choose not to participate, we may not be able to perform a requested service or complete a transaction.
- Filing a Complaint: EU residents have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator in the event of dissatisfaction with how the Alliance manages its personal data. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. Please contact us at email@example.com with any requests related to your personal data.
Links to Third Party Websites. The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not under the control of or maintained by the Alliance and the Alliance is not responsible for the content, security, data privacy, or operation of third party websites. Further, if you opt to engage in transactions on third party websites linked to the Site, such as purchases or promotions, we are not liable for any issues arising from or related to such transactions and you must deal with the third party operators of such websites if any issues arise. When visiting any third party website we suggest that you routinely review the applicable privacy notice or other posted terms and conditions to understand your rights. The inclusion of any link to a third party website on the Site does not imply endorsement by the Alliance.
Access. Upon written request and authentication of your identity, we will provide you with any personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom your information has been disclosed. We will make the information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfill the request. In some situations we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by attorney/client privilege, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information of one or more of our members. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
Opting Out: To opt out of marketing email, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us. You may also use the “Contact Us” option to opt out and elect not to receive further emails from us. Please provide the email address from which you are receiving electronic communications.
Corrections. We rely on you to ensure that information which you provide to us through the Site is current, complete and accurate. We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information we use or disclose about you is accurate based on the information provided. There may be times when you want to access or modify your personal information. Accordingly, we invite you to contact us, as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect information from or maintain information on our Site from users under the age of 13 and no sections of our Site are structured to attract or solicit any person under this age. We encourage parents and legal guardians to take an active role in monitoring their child’s online activities.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can enable on your Internet browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain information about you based on your browsing activities. Our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track requests at this time.
Changes to this Privacy Notice. The Alliance reserves the right to change, amend, or update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Changes to our Privacy Notice will be posted to this Site and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. On return visits to the Site, please remember to review the Privacy Notice for any changes, since continued use of our Site after any posted revision indicates your consent to our use of your information in accordance with the changed, amended, or updated Privacy Notice, whether or not you have received notification of the change, amendment or update. Revisions to our Privacy Notice will not affect information collected prior to such revisions.
Contact Us. Should you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact the Alliance at:
Active Archive Alliance
6285 Lookout Road
Boulder, Colorado 80301