About Active Archive Alliance
The Problem: Difficulty managing and accessing data
- Long-term data retention is getting more complex to manage and access
- Data is growing exponentially and value of data is unpredictable
- Data growth is outpacing IT budgets
- Data retention often comes with long-term compliance or governance requirements
The Solution: Active Archive
- An active archive gives users access to all your data, all the time.
- Active archive is a combined solution of open systems that are compatible with flash, disk, tape, or cloud (public or private), file, block or object storage systems
- An active archive provides an effortless means to store and manage all their data.
Benefits of an Active Archive Include
Ease of Use:
- Policy-based migration to free up primary storage as data ages, to simplify management.
- Data is searchable directly by end users regardless of where it’s stored.
- Compatible with flash, disk, tape, or cloud (public or private), file, block or object storage systems.
- Effectively manage data from terabytes to Exabytes across multiple storage types without adding complexity.
- Seamlessly add new storage technologies for future growth and new use cases.
- Data resiliency over time is the goal vs. data protection alone.
- Ability to automatically align data class with storage type and SLA requirements reduces TCO.
- Optimize IT infrastructure to address data at all phases of its lifecycle without added cost or complexity.
- Frequency of access or policy determines storage tier, reducing reliance on costly flash and disk.
- Removes data from backup set to achieve greater efficiency and cost savings.
- Provides ability to fulfill regulatory and/or internal data retention policy requirements.
- Leverage the flexibility of cloud in addition to on-premise or offline copies.
- Diversity of storage ensures access and eliminates risk of data loss.