About Active Archive Alliance
The Problem: Difficulty managing and accessing data
- Access and management of data throughout its life cycle is getting more complex
- Data is growing exponentially and value of data is unpredictable
- Data growth and cost to manage is outpacing IT budgets
- Critical data needs to be rapidly available, secure and intact
The Solution: Active Archive
- An active archive enables efficient access to data throughout its life
- Active archives are compatible with flash, disk, tape, or cloud (public or private) block or object storage systems
- They help move data to the appropriate storage tiers to minimize cost while maintaining ease of user accessibility
Benefits of an Active Archive Include
- Automated, policy-based migration to free up primary storage as data ages, to simplify data life cycle management.
- Data is retrievable and searchable directly by end users regardless of
where it’s stored.
- Compatible with flash, disk, tape, or cloud (public or private), file, block or object storage systems
- Effectively manage data from terabytes to Exabytes across multiple storage tiers without adding complexity.
- Seamlessly add new storage capacity or technologies for future growth and new use cases.
- Data resiliency over time is the goal vs. data protection alone.
- Ability to automatically align data class with storage type and SLA requirements reduces TCO.
- Optimize IT infrastructure to address data at all phases of it’s life cycle without added cost or complexity.
- Frequency of access or policy determines storage tier, reducing reliance on costly primary storage
- Removes fixed data from backup set to achieve greater efficiency and cost savings.
- Leverage the flexibility of any storage type whether the data is on premise, off premise, online or offline.
- Diversity of storage ensures access and eliminates risk of data loss or cyber attack.
- Provides ability to fulfill regulatory compliance and/or internal data retention policy requirements.